FYAA and Bedford County strive to train all of our head coaches involved in our youth sports leagues to uphold the best Sportsmanship Expectations possible. We are asking all parents to take the parent sportsmanship pledge.
Sportsmanlike and positive behavior is expected at all programs, events and on all facilities controlled or used by FYAA and Bedford County Parks and Recreation Department. The following are our golden rules for achieving a positive sports environment (R.E.S.P.E.C.T).
- RESPECT – Treat opponents, teammates, officials, and all others with respect and courtesy.
- ENCOURAGE – Place the emotional and physical well being of children above the desire to win.
- SUPPORT – Maintain self-discipline and control, be supportive to others, always be a good sport.
- PROTECT – Insist that all children play in a safe and healthy environment.
- ENJOY – Remember that youth sports should be fun for our kids as well as adults.
- CARE – Be considerate, compassionate, and caring to everyone involved.
- TRUST – Participate with honesty and integrity, respect rules and authority.
FYAA and the Parks and Recreation Director(s) or his/her designee(s) shall implement disciplinary action as warranted, including the right to halt and/or delay a program or event, request law enforcement support, as well as ejecting, suspending, or banning individuals.
Thank you for supporting our sportsmanship pledge!
Categories: Winter Sports, Announcement